We believe that the Holy Bible is the inspired Word of God, inerrant and infallible; that it was written by holy men divinely moved by the Holy Ghost. It is the sole authority for our faith and practice.
The Bible is collection of sixty-six books from Genesis to Revelation.
At VBC we teach and preach from the King James Version of the Bible.
We believe that man was created in the image and likeness of God, but in Adam’s sin the human race fell, inherited a sinful nature, and became alienated from God and of himself is unable to remedy his lost condition.
We believe that salvation is a gift and is the working of the grace of God brought to man through the Holy Spirit, received by personal faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, His death, burial, and resurrection. We believe salvation is offered to all mankind and is available to all who will believe. (John 1:12; Ephesians 1:7; 2:8-10; I Peter 1:18-19).
1. We believe that all the saved are sealed by the Holy Spirit, kept by God’s power, and are thus secure in Christ forever
2. We believe that it is the privilege of believers to rejoice in the assurance of their salvation through the testimony of God’s Word, which, however, clearly forbids the use of Christian liberty as an occasion to the flesh.
1. We recognize water baptism, authorized by a Scriptural New Testament Baptist Church, and the Lord’s Supper as the Scriptural ordinances of obedience for the Church.
2. We believe that immersion is the only form of baptism given to us from the Scriptures, that it has NO saving power, and is a testimony to others of your choice to follow Christ. (Acts 2:38; Romans 6:3-5; Ephesians 4:5; Matthew 3:13-16; I Peter 3:21).
3. We believe that the Lord’s Supper is a memorial of the death of Christ, and that it is a local church ordinance.
We believe that God has commanded that no intimate sexual activity should be engaged in outside of a marriage between a man and a woman. We believe that any form of homosexuality, bisexuality, fornication, adultery, and pornography and any such like are sinful and should not be practiced by members of the New Testament Church.